Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Looking my future in the eye

I am sitting with my mom in the hospital. She has Alzheimer's along with other medical problems. They did a biopsy this morning. Back to her Alzheimer's, yesterday I spent the day listening to the way I will be one day. She was so out there. One minute she knew who I was and then she thought I was her sister. My brother has been dead for years but yesterday she thought he was 21 looking for a job. Then she thought I was dead and my grandparents were in heaven watching over me. The list goes on and on. I was able to handle all of it but I worry that my kids and Jesse are not going to be able to when I get to that point. I will miss my first task force meeting tomorrow. Guess I will close for now. Hug someone and let them know you care. Sue

2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad you were there for your mother, and for yourself. It must be draining. Does your family have the APOE gene or just the history of heart disease/high blood pressure/diabetes that contributes to the development of dementia? I hope I get to see you again, but it's not looking hopeful.

laura said...

My name is Laura and I have EOAD. If you need to talk you can get in touch with me alzat45@ymail.com check out my EOAD blog ar
http://lauraseoadblog.blogspot.com/