Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life

Well, it's been awhile since I wrote. I think about writing then I get sidetracked and forget about it. Alot has happened since my last writing about me including my Alzheimer's getting worse. I have been under alot of stress lately and the last month has proven stress is not good with Alzheimer's. My mother passes away a couple of weeks ago after a couple months of amazing the doctors by being taken off the vent and living more than a couple of hours as they predicted. My youngest son has gotten married and until a couple weeks ago refused to move out. My oldest daughter is stressed out carrying for her mother-in-law with Alzheimer's and taking care of her granddaughter, so my next to the oldest and I are taking turns caring for the baby (2 year old). I finished my year with National and we are wringing down the task force. It has to be finished to present in Sept. I am so thatnkful for the year I had the priviledge to be on National, it was very rewarding, and I have to admit the third Tues seemed strange not doing a conference call. I am trying to get in a clinical trial study. I have to keep getting involved or else I will go down even faster. I feel like I am in a race to do so many things that I do not have time to do. Oh well that is it for now. Don't forget about the memory game at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Glad you updated. I so wish I could afford to stay involved, but I do hope you can share the experience of the last year with National. Haven't heard a word from local, guess I'm not meant for that bit. sorry you're living without your mom, but hope you feel good about letting her go. Can't believe your daughter is dealing with a MIL with Alz too. Caring for a 2 year old would wear me out! I watch a 18 month old a few hours every 2 weeks, great fun, but couldn't do it all day.