Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hello everyone, been awhile

Well this has truly been a day from _______. The worse day I have had in forever. My 29 year old is still living with me and now has a new baby which is 4 days old. That is the good part. The bad, we had the worse blow up in 13 years. We had really been getting alone so good. I approached him about a situation that I felt he did not truly understand about me, my diabetes and alzheimer's and the diet I am suppose to be on. He has taken over the duty of buying groceries and cooking, when he is here. The groceries are not things I can really eat. Sweets and starches. I cannot remember what I buy once it is put away, out of sight out of mind (what is left)LOL! He pulled out things in my refrigerate freezer and started telling me I needed to bend down and look and see what I had in them and how the children were starving while food I put in the freezer was ruining and me not cooking it after I bought it. Well, to begin with everything in there was not things I could have and the things I could have had been pushed to the back, (we have a side by side). The vegetables he found were on the bottom shelf in the back. Then to try and explain I forgot I bought them, well, needless to say the whole thing went downhill very fast. Here it is 7:07pm, he is not here and supper has not been started. The kitchen is a mess because he felt he needed to pull out all the can goods also and they are still on the cabinet. He put them there so he can put them up. I really don't know how to get to him and get him to read material on how to handle situations better and how alzheimer's steals my memory in different areas. He told me last week I needed to quit using alzhiemer's so much when I would be approached about something I forgot. I thought he was picking but now I have come to believe he really thinks I am using is for an excuse and I really don't have the problems that come up. What to do? I ran off several things this afternoon that would really help him if he would just really read them and try to understand. Sorry my first day back in awhile was a downer. Hug someone today and let them know you care. Sue

No comments: