Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New beginnings

Chris has graduated and Jesse and I are alone for the first time since we married. We have always had a kid to finish raising. Yesterday I started going through the house and cleaning up one room at a time. I have asked my granddaughter to come and spend a couple of weeks to help me get orgainized then we are going shopping for her new baby due in a few weeks. This is going to be a new experience for me and Jesse but one we have looked forward to. My tidbits for today continues to be from Coach Broyles, on home safety:
  • Try to make their world simple
  • Use plain-colored placemats, tablecloths, bath towels and sheets
  • Block off stairs so they can't fall up or down them
  • Have all of you house locks keyed to the same key
  • Place safety latches up high and down low on doors leadin gto the outside
  • Have them wear an ID bracelet if they wander, and sign them up for the Alzheimer's Safe Return Program
  • Use locked cabinets for soaps, cleaners, poisons and medicines

I can understand all these being important. Designs on things make them too busy. I have seen people try to pick spots up off the tile on the floor. You just never know. Coach Broyles book is really a good guide that he developed with his wife. Have a good day. Remember to live today like it is your last, because it may be.

No comments: